sábado, 25 de julho de 2009

NEW LINK: Unsurpassed Masters Vol. 6

Click on the picture to go to the original post and get the new link!

Um comentário:

Tardy disse...

Hi there - I'm a big fan of the Beatles (and your site!) and wondered if you'd mind help drum up some publicity for a little project I've got going?


In short, I'm asking people for their best cover versions of songs from Please Please Me. Suggestions should be before 9/9/09 (to coincide with the remasters release date!) Then I'll go through the suggestions and post up a sort of mixtape of the album.


I've put together some more detailed stuff below which you could cut-and-paste if you like!


I'd be grateful for any form of support, even a mention in a post, for this!


Thanks


Tardy


Calling all Beatle fans and readers of this blog!


To celebrate the Beatles remasters coming out next month, I want to live out a dream I've had for a while about creating a virtual playlist in which all the Beatles songs and albums are represented in their correct order but using a mix of very good (or very bad) cover versions.


Sgt Pepper's, for instance, would look something like this:


01 - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - Bill Cosby

02 - With A Little Help From My Friends - Booker T & the MGs

03 - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds - William Shatner

...You get the idea.


YOUR BIT


I would like some more adventurous suggestions from readers before I put together a final list and post each album in mp3 form over the next few months.


But I really really need your help - so feel free to email me or leave a comment at the Music Makes Me site. I'm open to people emailing me whole tracks if they think I ought to include them!


I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas and discovering lots of Beatles covers that I didn't know of! I also like the idea of a monolithic 13-album (or 15 including the singles collections) offbeat tribute to the Beatles. If we did one album a month, then by this time next year we would have the full set!


So first of all, do you know any good versions of the songs on the group's debut album, Please Please Me - the tracklist of which (at least in the UK) is as follows:


If you know any far-out or frighteningly good cover versions of those songs, you've got until 9/9/09, when I'll be posting the final lineup!


Thanks,

Tardy

tardymusic.blogspot.com